Monday, May 31, 2010

Return to the Noise

Update: The media-free week went well, it was actually nice to have a bit of silence. The biggest thing I noticed was how automatic it is to turn on the radio or TV. I found myself reaching for the remote many times. When I stopped to think about it though, most of the time I wasn't even that excited about the extra noise. It's just such a habit that I don't even think about it.
It's interesting how ingrained the TV schedule is in my brain too. I found myself thinking things like; "It's Tuesday night, so I have to be home by 8 pm for NCIS." Since when do I have to change my schedule to match the TV Guide? It was actually a little freeing to not think about what show was on each evening.
I confess that I may have cheated a little this week though. I bought a new camera, and played with it a little each day. Usually I would have had the TV on and chatting on Facebook at the same time though, so it could have been worse.
Conclusion: It was nice to have a little break this week. Hopefully going forth I can be more intentional with turning on the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment