Friday, May 14, 2010

Kooza

Kooza

In a word: WOW.

I have never been to a Cirque du Soleil performance before, and it was pretty amazing. I laughed, almost cried several times, gasped almost constantly, and marveled at the ability of fellow human beings.

It’s amazing how much hard work, dedication, and teamwork would have to go into something like that. Setting up the tent and stage is a feat in itself. Then once the show starts every second is choreographed. Every performer and stage hand must work in sync so nobody gets hurt and the audience enjoys the show. During intermission I started to think about the hundreds and hundreds of hours each performer must have put in to prepare for the tour. Let alone the years of training to learn their craft before that. It’s pretty mind boggling.

So, I would definitely recommend seeing a Cirque du Soleil performance if you get a chance. But only if you have a strong heart, they're daring. They even plan times where they pretend to mess up just to make you fear for their lives (I only know this because a friend went on a different day and we compared notes. They did the same exact mess ups in both shows.) When you can perform death-defying stunts (with pizzazz) and also throw in pretend mess-ups . . . well, that’s just showing off. But it’s a lot of fun to watch!

1 comment:

  1. My brother and hus wife went and said it was amazing. Like I told him, I doubt they have a stop scheduled in Grangeville.

    Sounds fabulous, glad you were able to see it.

    ReplyDelete