Friday, June 11, 2010

Comfort

I have a confession to make, I never grew up. It’s true. Today I was thinking about all the things that make me feel better when I’m tired or stressed, and they’re the same things kids do. For example my favorite blanket that I snuggle with each night. I feel safe when it’s wrapped around me, like a shield. I watch the same movie over and over and repeat the lines in everyday life. (My film of choice: Pride and Prejudice, the BBC version. I watch it at least once a month). I love my Eeyore flannel PJ’s, so comfy. And don’t get me started on comfort food.

Why do these familiar things make me feel so much better? What is it about routines that is so comforting? Whatever it is, I like it. So, tonight will find me wearing Eeyore PJ’s, snuggled under my blanket, watching movies, and eating nachos. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment