Friday, April 23, 2010

Chance of a Lifetime

Fortune cookies are great. I’ve kept a few of the best ones over the years. My favorite is; “You’ve been given the chance of a lifetime. Say yes!”

What a great reminder. Often I say no. Usually with what seems like a good reason. Fear of failure, lack of finances, thinking that I should do something else instead (something more responsible).

I kept this fortune to remind me to say “yes” to life. To take a gamble, to risk.

Some days the chance of a lifetime is a sunny day. I “should” stay inside and cook, or clean, or research something for work, or . . . . But this beautiful day is offering me a chance to explore outside. I often see life as a series of tasks to complete. What if some days I threw away the TO DO list and just said yes to life? What if I let go of the need to have everything clean and perfect? Oh, that’s a scary thought for this Type A, anal retentive person. I want to practice saying yes to the opportunities that come my way.

2 comments:

  1. I hate the fact that my solution is "I need to "WORK ON THAT too" What a geeek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I missed this post. I can identify with "I often see life as a series of tasks to complete"-OUCH!

    I need to work on that too, especially with my rapidly maturing children. Good tip.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete