Sunday, January 9, 2011

Silver Falls

Silver Falls rocked my world today. Well, maybe that's not entirely accurate. My world has been a little shaky lately, so maybe it calmed my world. Or maybe it rocked my world in perfect counter-frequency to the original rocking to produce stasis. Anyhoo, way off track.
Why did Silver Falls make my day you ask? Let me tell you!

1) Amazing and awe inspiring beauty. The kind that makes you kind of sad because it's so perfect.



2) Raging waterfalls and serene streams perfectly matched the dichotomy of my own soul.







3) Quality play-time with my camera.

4) Out in nature--best place for healing and finding ones place in the world.

5) Weather! It was all on display today from sun to fog, rain, snow, hail.

Which brings me to the next few points:
6) An out-and-back trail, but the new dusting of snow made everything seem brand new on the return trip.


North Falls on the way out . . .






and back.




7) Nothing like difficult weather to bring out camaraderie on the trail. Greeting everyone with a smile that says; "Hi there friend, isn't this fun being crazy here together?"

8) "The woods are lovely dark and deep."
Walking alone in a silent snowy forest had me quoting Robert Frost to the trees.











9) Sunset drive home. Sure it distracted me to the point of almost running off the road a few times, but that's the price you pay for beautiful scenery.




10) Seven hours escape from reality. Memories will get me through this next week.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I wish I was in love with nature as much as you and others I know... But your pictures I think are doing a good job of pushing me in that direction!!!

    ReplyDelete