Saturday, March 12, 2011

A little love affair . . . with SNOW!

I confess, I'm falling in love with snow. 
If you know me well at all you'll know that snow used to be my arch nemesis; the one I loved to hate. And why not hate it? It's cold, makes for icky driving conditions, eww. Recently though snow has been wooing me with it's good side. Falling snow is spectacularly beautiful, as is a snowy forrest. Packed snow underfoot makes such a lovely "crunch, crunch, crunch" sound when walking. Actually enjoying snowy times on the trail.

Beautiful Snowy Slope


Today was the first snowshoe hike with the group (and my first snowshoe experience ever). We headed out to Glacier View trail near Government Camp (Mt. Hood area for non-locals). Managed to stay upright the entire time (yea!), and had a blast. We have two more snowshoe adventures planned in the next couple of months, and I say "Bring it on!"


Snowshoe Friends


Snow :)




















If you've been thinking about donating to my Climb for Clean Air, now is a great time! I need to raise the first half of the $3,750 by the end of this month. Check out my page HERE for more information, or send me a message with any questions. Thanks!


The Tally:

Mount Rainier:               17 miles                   9,000 feet elevation gain
Training Hikes so far:    19.5 miles                5,200 feet elevation gain

No comments:

Post a Comment