Friday, October 1, 2010

Europe

“Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.”


When I left for Europe I was most looking forward to the sights and sounds and foods of a foreign land. While these were all really great, my favorite memories are the people I met along the way. It was so fun to get to know new people and hear their stories (and get to see my old friend Rachel). The girls I traveled with were so nice to welcome me into their group. I was also so blessed by the hospitality and welcome from the families we stayed with. Opening their homes, preparing meals, washing our clothes, providing taxi services. All for a stranger who couldn’t even speak their language. And all with a genuine smile.


Right now it’s nice to sit back and ruminate on all the good memories of new places and belly-aching laughter with new friends.





Twirling in Austria.

You may recognize this pathway from The Sound of Music

where the kids and Maria ran through too. I'm so glad I was

with people who like to twirl.


1 comment:

  1. From The Princess Bride to The Sound of Music, the experience is better when shared with friends.

    ReplyDelete