Saturday, June 11, 2011

Top of Palmer

Only 32 days and counting until Mt Rainier climb!!! And on July 16th, sometime mid-morning I should be standing on the top of the Northwest! I can only hope for weather as beautiful as today's during our snowshoe trek on Mt Hood. We traveled from Timberline to the Top of Palmer (about 2,500 feet elevation gain). Now, I'll let the photos speak for themselves. 
View from the parking lot

From Timberline
 Below photograph is at the starting line for us. Look closely and you can see a black dotted line along the left side of the mountain--that is the ski lift. We hiked up to just above the end of that line.
Add caption

View from half-way up looking down to Timberline



View from the top



Such an incredible day! I feel so lucky to live close to such beauty.

On another good note: Pediatric Associates (where I work) was able to sponsor my climb! This means I did not have to put in any funds on my own. Such a blessing!



The Tally: 
Mt Rainier                          21.5 mi      9,000 ft elevation gain
Training Hikes So Far       79 mi     29,600 ft elevation gain

No comments:

Post a Comment